Perhaps you have installed iTunes on your computer. Once you plug an iPhone into your PC, iTunes opens automatically and synchronizes with your device. Apple designed it as the part of convenience so that the users do not have to open iTunes manually. For some users, they want to Disable iPhone auto syncing in iTunes when the device has connected.
The reasons to disable iPhone Auto Syncing in iTunes are various. Perhaps, it is not your computer because you want to charge your iPhone’s battery when you plug it into a PC. Alternatively, it is not your primary computer that potentially leads accidentally overwrite data. The last it can be because you have no time. Whatever the reason, below we provide you the steps to stop iPhone auto syncing when connected to the iTunes.
NOTE: These settings based on the connection of USB cable, not over Wi-Fi.
How to Stop iPhone Auto Sync in iTunes 12 and Up
Follow the steps below to stop automatic synchronizing if you use iTunes 12 and up:
- Connect your iPhone to your PC. iTunes will launch automatically. Launch it manually if it does not.
- There is a small iPhone icon in the top left corner beneath the playback controls, click it. It helps you to head to Summary screen.
- There is Options box and focus on the Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected, uncheck the box.
- In the bottom right corner of iTunes, there is Apply box, click it to save the new setting.
How to Disable iPhone Auto Syncing in iTunes 11 and Earlier Versions
We can say that the process is similar but the steps and the words can be a little bit different. If your iTunes does not have the exact options, you can try the steps below:
- Open iTunes. Then, plug the iPhone into your PC.
- Open the Preferences window.
Note: Mac and PC have different steps. For a Mac, you must head to iTunes menu > Preferences > Devices. For a PC, head to Edit > Settings > Devices. You also need to click Alt+E on the keyboard to display this window since the menu is hidden.
- Click Devices tab in the pop-up window.
- Find a checkbox with the label Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically. Once found it, check it.
- Go to the bottom of the window, click OK to save the changes and then close the window.
Now, you have disabled iPhone auto syncing on iTunes. By following these steps, the next time you have to sync manually. Syncing is essential to create backups of data on your device. It helps you to restore data after any problems with your device and to transfer data.